After the whole day’s work, you get tired and need little rest and comfort. Your house is the best place to experience that peace of mind. As soon as you finish your day, you head towards your bed to rest as it is the most comfortable place in your house. Adults need 6-8 hours of sleep daily as it is a crucial factor for mental and physical well-being. Along with the hours, the quality of sleep also matters.
Do you often experience back pain, neck pain or stiff muscles when you wake up? Is it difficult for you to fall asleep quickly? Are you uncomfortable changing sides while you are sleeping? Do you get buried in the mattress while sleeping, or is the mattress too hard for your body? The mattresses you use are as important as the calm sleep atmosphere required for sound sleep.
1. Factors that affect the quality of sleep
- Caffeine: Too much caffeine can keep you up for a longer period of time at night. Avoid caffeine-containing foods after the evening for a good night’s sleep. In case you prefer to have coffee or tea after dinner to calm your nerves, opt for decaf beverages.
- Alcohol: Alcohol interferes with the normal metabolism of the body. Consuming alcohol just before sleeping will affect the circadian rhythm of the body. The person might sleep immediately after consumption but has very disturbed sleep. Thus, avoid alcohol consumption before sleeping.
- Smoking: The nicotine percentage in the smoke disrupts your sleep as it acts like a stimulant. The more you smoke, the more your sleep is disrupted. Smoking eventually leads to insomnia.
- Irregular diet: Diet high in fats and sugars might make you sleepy. But it disturbs your sleep cycle and affects the quality of sleep.
- Stress: Stress causes hormonal changes. Hormone disruption can cause anxiety or depression that affects your sleep. Stress can cause insomnia if not treated.
- Exercise: Exercise is good for health. It activates your mind. But exercising right before you sleep can make your brain active. It might be difficult for you to sleep if your mind is very active. Exercise on an empty stomach and avoid exercising just before sleeping.
- Uncomfortable mattress: An uncomfortable mattress can lead to backache, muscle stiffness or neck sprain. The mattress you sleep on should help support the body posture and prevent any injury to the body. It shouldn’t make you feel hot, sweaty or cause skin allergies.
2. Why is a mattress important for sound sleep?
You spend a minimum of 6-8 hours on the mattress while you sleep. You need a mattress that has a medium firmness to support your spine. A too soft mattress can lead to incorrect posture. Too hard mattresses can give you a stiff spine and muscles.
3. What is a mattress made up of?
Mattresses are made up of organic natural latex, cooling gel memory foam, innerspring or hybrid material.
- Organic natural latex: Organic natural latex has a mesh-like open cell structure. This structure allows the air to circulate in the mattress. Constant air circulation removes the body heat and helps to keep the mattress cool.
- Cooling gel memory foam: Few mattresses have these cooling gel beads that trap all the heat and moisture. It releases the heat in the air creating a cooling mattress for comfortable sleep.
- Innerspring mattress: These have springs that make the mattress bouncy and soft. It also helps to regulate heat in the mattress. It is the best choice of mattress for summer.
- Hybrid material: The hybrid mattress uses a combination of any of the above two materials to make the mattress most comfortable. You can either have a latex and innerspring mattress or an innerspring with cooling gel memory foam.
4. How to choose a mattress for your home
To choose the right mattress for your home, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Should be of medium firmness
- Should be easy to maintain and clean
- Should be durable and long-lasting
So select organic mattresses because they;
- Do not cause any skin allergies
- They are resistant to dust mites and insects
- Allow air circulation and not become moist or form lumps
- Absorb body heat and keeps the mattress cool
- Are eco-friendly
5 How does the weather affect the mattresses in India?
During summers it becomes difficult to fall asleep. Whereas during monsoons and winters, sleeping is easier. It is believed that you may sleep better if the temperature inside the room is one or two degrees lower than the outside temperature. Once the temperature is set, the mattress also adjusts to the temperature, and you can have a sound sleep.
Indian weather is more humid and hot. People experience drastic weather changes in different parts of India. Thus the mattress needs to be weather-friendly. The summers are usually very hot, and the mattress you sleep on should be able to endure the hot weather along with the person sleeping on the mattress. Try using an organic latex mattress that is good for air circulation, keeping the body cool, and absorbing body heat & sweat. The cotton fabric on the top ensures proper air ventilation to keep the mattress fresh. During winters, you can use woollen or thick cotton bed sheets and blanket to keep you warm and cosy.
6. Essentials Points to keep in mind when Buying Pillows for Kids:
Use organic mattresses that remain cool under all weather conditions. There are a few more tips that can help to keep the bed cool during summers:
- Use organic cotton or linen bed sheets that absorb the body heat and sweat
- Use soft cotton lightweight blankets that do not trap the heat of the body
- Do not layer your mattress much with bed sheets and covers that the heat can’t escape
- Keep the room cool, or use a dehumidifier to keep the bed cool
#Purchase Organic Latex Mattress
Since it can get hot and humid during summers, choose the best mattress for Indian climate, aka an organic latex mattress. Picking an all-weather mattress is beneficial as it helps a person sleep better. aloha’s organic mattress is packed with a soft, eco-friendly, Tencel fabric layer, that allows your mattress to breathe properly and dissipates heat giving you a cool and comfortable sleep.
So, it is high time that you invest in the best type of mattress in India and purchase an organic latex mattress online right now!