Don’t you love coming home after a tiresome day and resting on your bed?
The hustle-bustle of city life can be tiring, and finding solitude in bed at the end of a stressful day can be a blissful experience.
Unlike other things in your house, a mattress is used every day. Somehow, we ignore all its calls for replacement until it gives us extreme discomfort in one way or another.
Sleeping on a mattress that is past its due date can cause harm. As such, in this article, we’ll look at the different signs that indicate that your old mattress requires a new successor. .
Signs to Replace Old Mattress With New
1. Worsens your allergies: Yes, you’ve got it right. Rashes, allergies and acne are a sign you need a new mattress. Over time, a mattress can become a hotbed for dust mites, pollen, and allergens. So, if your allergies are getting worse, it’s time you buy a new mattress. Here, organic mattresses are an excellent alternative to traditional mattresses as they are made from hypo-allergic materials.
2. Waking up is painful: One of the primary characteristics of a quality mattress is to ensure your shoulders, neck, back, and lower back are well-supported while you sleep. The right mattress supports good posture and spine alignment. Hence, upon waking, if you experience pain and aches, then it indicates that you need to exchange your old mattress for a new one. A new mattress will provide optimal comfort that will help keep back pain, body aches, and joint pain away.
3. Trouble sleeping: Poor sleeping can be caused by anxiety, caffeine, pain, extra screen usage, or a change in diet. If you have eliminated these options as the cause for poor sleep, then it is more likely that your mattress is the culprit. Here, buying a new mattress could be the only option. To improve the quality of sleep, upgrade to a natural latex mattress. Why? Read this blog on the different types of mattresses to learn why organic mattresses are an excellent choice for a good night’s sleep.
4. Lumpy and saggy mattress: Have you observed any lumps in your mattress? Do you feel them after laying down? Lumps are a bad mattress symptom formed due to the shifting around the padding. So, after a while, the only solution to get rid of lumps is to switch to a new mattress.
Note: Lumps are mostly visible in low-quality mattresses. Over time, they can also be seen in high-quality mattresses.
A mattress can also become saggy over time. When you sleep on a mattress, the impression of your body is supposed to bounce off the surface. It is not a good sign if the impression remains unchanged. It means that it is past the average life of a mattress. Ignoring a saggy and lumpy mattress can cause insomnia, worsen back pain, hurt joints and cause other health issues.
Tip: You can rotate or flip your mattress regularly to avoid sagginess. Or invest in a high-quality mattress, as the durability of these mattresses is high.
5. Stained and smelly mattress: A stained mattress is a storehouse for disease-causing microbes, molds, fungi and bacteria. Just like you would throw out old stained clothes that are beyond repairs, you should replace your stained mattress to improve your health and keep allergies away. Sometimes the mattress may also give off a weird smell that could cause discomfort while sleeping.
While cleaning stained spots from a mattress are not difficult, thanks to the easy availability of cleaning products. But, if you spill gravy or a beverage directly on the mattress, there are higher chances that a part of it may reach into the deep layers. This leftover spill may be hard to clean and is an open invitation for bacteria or fungi to breed. This can turn even brand new mattresses into smelly beds.
Tip: One of the easiest ways to avoid stains and increase the mattress life is to use a mattress protector. A mattress protector not only ensures to keep your bed stain-free, but also ensures that your bed doesn’t become a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi in the long run.
6. Squeaky and creaky mattress: Does your mattress squeak whenever you move around? In the long run, this nuisance can ruin your productivity. When your mattress life is coming to an end, it provides audible signals to indicate that you need to replace the mattress. Squeaks and creaks are a sign of structural issues. Thus, to enhance sleep, it’s best to invest in a new, durable mattress.
Switch Your Old Mattress For A sleepaloha Organic Mattress
1. aloha classic mattress: The aloha classic mattress is built from natural latex and offers a balance between firmness and comfort. This GOLS certified organic latex ensures that you drift into a peaceful, comfortable and healthy sleep. Some features of the aloha Luxe mattress are – it is breathable, provides pressure relief, adapts to the body temperature, offers motion isolation and is hypo-allergic. This mattress comes in two different sizes, six inches and eight inches.
2. aloha luxé mattress: The aloha luxé organic dual comfort mattress has the perfect dual-support, dual-comfort system. It is basically two mattresses in one. The materials used in the mattress are non-toxic and organic. In fact, the latex utilised in the mattresses comes from our own sustainable farms situated in India. As the mattress features dual comfort, it offers both a soft, comfy side and a medium-firm side.