A] What is a Natural Latex Mattress?
Latex comes from rubber trees. It is the softest material found under the bark of the tree, which is harvested and processed into a dense foam substance. Why is natural latex mattresses considered the best type of latex? Because it is eco-friendly, sustainable, and provides optimal comfort. Through latex, you can create a mattress in two methods – Dunlop or Talalay.
- In the Dunlop method, latex is completely poured into a mould. Due to this, Dunlop latex is firmer along the base and softer at the top of the mattress. This combination of firmness and softness provides supreme comfort and excellent pressure relief.
- The Talalay method has more steps compared to the Dunlop mattress. The latex is poured into a mould and stretched by a vacuum. This creates a dense foam that is very soft (not comfortable at all), which is why it’s not much used worldwide.
B] Types Of Mattresses Available Online in India
The difference between a chemical mattress and a natural mattress is as follows:
- A chemical mattress contains benzene, chemical flame retardants, and formaldehyde. Whereas, a natural mattress is made up of natural components obtained from trees and plants.
- Chemical mattresses tend to give out off-gases, which is highly toxic for a person. Natural mattresses, on the other hand, are non-toxic.
- Chemical mattresses trap body heat, but organic mattresses do not. Thus, ensuring that a person sleeps peacefully through the changing seasons.
- Chemical mattresses have a compact cell structure that prevents air circulation. The best natural mattress is constructed with an open cell structure that allows constant airflow, making the mattress highly breathable.
C] Benefits of Sleeping on a Natural Mattress
Natural mattresses are much better than chemical mattresses in several ways. Switching to a natural mattress is beneficial for many reasons. Here are some of the advantages of sleeping on a 100% natural latex mattress.
1. Pain-relieving: Did you know that by purchasing a low-quality mattress, you are compromising on your health? Some of the issues related to a low-quality mattress are body pain, backache, lack of sleep, among others. Poor quality mattresses are also uncomfortable as they may sag over time compared to an organic latex mattress that provides you with blissful sleep. In addition, low-quality mattresses don’t offer correct body alignment and posture, which could severely affect your physical health.
On the contrary, natural mattresses are quite responsive. In short, they respond faster to body pressure and motion. No matter how you sleep or in what position, an organic mattress will efficiently prevent pressure build-up, ensuring comfortable sleep.
2. Durable: We know that latex foam is created from the sap of the rubber tree. Just like rubber, your latex mattress will last for a long time. With correct maintenance, your mattress can last for up to 15 years. This is the reason why latex foam mattresses are popular, as they are sustainable and a long-term investment. Here, the durability and other advantages of a natural latex mattress outweigh its high one-time price.
3. Provides comfort: Natural mattresses are known for their superior comfort level. In general, they are soft to touch and provide a good response rate. Moreover, natural mattresses are beneficial for motion isolation to the point where you won’t fall off the bed even if you are on the edge of the bed itself.
4. Lesser allergies: Natural mattresses are hypoallergenic mattresses. They are free of toxins and do not emit any gasses. Due to their hypoallergenic properties, there is little to no room for bugs or any other virus or bacteria to accumulate on a natural mattress. Natural mattresses are antimicrobial, thus, they are naturally resistant to mould and dust mites.
5. Increases productivity: A good night’s sleep can aid in boosting productivity. Different surfaces of mattresses play a vital role in how well a person sleeps. A natural mattress will ensure that you sleep without waking up since it has a high response rate that will adjust to body pressure when you change sleeping positions.
6. Eco-friendly: Natural mattresses are created from the sap of the rubber tree, thus making them sustainable and organic. They are 100% eco-friendly, which makes them great for the environment. Thus, by investing in an organic mattress, you’d be able to minimise waste, thereby protecting the earth.
7. Orthopaedic use: An organic orthopaedic mattress is created to help with spine and back problems. Its firm base helps relieve pain and ensures your body does not sink into the mattress. Those who have just recovered from surgeries, or suffer from joint injuries, arthritis, back discomfort, or accidental spinal injuries benefit from sleeping on an orthopaedic mattress. It also helps a person maintain good posture as the mattress distributes the body weight evenly, thus, avoiding painful pressure spots.
Further reading: Things to Consider When Choosing Best Orthopaedic Mattress
A natural mattress is made up of organic materials that help a person sleep better. Before considering the price of a natural mattress, it is best to consider the various factors to discern how beneficial it will be for you in the long run. By switching to an organic mattress, you are improving the quality of your sleep. Plus, they are sustainable and eco-friendly. So, it is high time that you invest in one and purchase an organic latex mattress online right now!