If there is one room everyone loves, it’s their bedroom. It is a safe haven for most people, however, it is also the one place in the house that is the most disorganised. Remember a cluttered bedroom leads to a cluttered mind. And, more often than not, it gets difficult to relax in a messy place.
So if you are seeking tips for organising your bedroom, then here are some brilliant ideas that can help you organise your bedroom effectively.
Table of Contents
A] How to Organise Your Bedroom: Try These Tips and Tricks
1. Utilise the storage under the bed: This is an excellent storage idea for the bedroom that most people ignore. The storage under the bed is mostly used for haphazardly storing old shoes, heavy clothing items, or extra bedding. But did you know that if you organise everything under the bed, you can store more? Yes, you read that right!
Here are some tips on how to organise the space under the bed.
- We know that you can stuff all shoeboxes under the bed, but chances are they’ll get disorganised or move around when new items are added. To avoid this, invest in a shoe organiser, so your shoes are together in one big box. It also comes with a plastic cover for protection from dust.
- Another simple bedroom organisation idea is to use boxes and baskets. This will help you categorise stuff in an organised manner and make finding stuff in the future easy.
- If you travel frequently, storing a suitcase can be tricky. Suitcases take a lot of space without providing any utility. In such case, store smaller suitcases in the bigger one and keep them under the bed. To save space, you can also store things that you rarely use in those suitcases.
2. Corner shelves: Corner shelves are a great way to create extra space when organising a bedroom. Finding storage space can be difficult in a small bedroom. Here, you can utilise the space on the wall by using corner shelves. Another best alternative is wall shelves for your bedroom. Shelves come in varied colours and styles, so you can pick them to match your bedroom furniture. This will add a wholesome feel to your room, making it look amazing.
3. Furniture placement: Arranging the furniture in your bedroom is an art. That doesn’t mean you have to be a professional to do it. With some willingness and experiment, you can do it yourself and have fun along the way.
Some tips on how to arrange a bedroom are as follows:
- Utilise necessary furniture: You may want to add a lot of furniture to your bedroom. But, this will only create a cluttered space. So, if you have a small bedroom, place only essential furniture, such as a chair, table, and a lamp.
- Think about function: The best way to add furniture to your bedroom is to think about what you require. If you know what you want, you can design accordingly.
4. Install wall hooks: An organised room always looks welcoming, and here wall hooks can assist you in organising your bedroom like a pro. You can hang clothes, hats, or bags on them. These hooks or clothes railings can be placed on the wall behind the door or behind the door itself. Wall-mounted hooks/holders are an easy and ingenious solution for organising a bedroom. Some of the benefits of using hooks in your bedroom are extra free space, availability of low-cost products, simple & quick installation, and the ability to withstand high loads.
5. Clean your closet: The main part of bedroom organisation, more often than not, is de-cluttering the closet. Here are some methods on how to keep your closet well-organized.
- In most closets, the clothes on the hanging rod leave little to no room for above or below storage. Here, you can create space by lowering the rod and adding a new shelf on the top.
- If you are looking for a wardrobe for a small bedroom or do not have enough space for a dresser, create an open closet.
- To maximise space in your bedroom, opt for a portable clothing rack with shelves for your accessories and shoes.
- Another simple closet idea for your bedroom is to put dress slacks and pants on hangers or hooks.
6. Avoid “the chair”: We all have “the chair” where all the soiled clothes are dumped along with other odds and ends. Here, instead of just piling things on a chair, it is best to keep a basket in the corner for different purposes. A laundry basket for soiled clothes, a small basket for magazines and books, and so on & so forth. This will keep your bedroom organised at all times while ensuring that you can easily find the things you are looking for, especially when you are in a rush.
B] Make Your Bed Every Day
Chances are that your parents have tried to get you into the habit of making your bed every morning. But, if you have still not caught on to the habit, remember it only takes a max of 5 to 10 minutes to make your bed. By doing this, you’d come back to a well-made, inviting bed after a hectic day (as opposed to a rumpled, unmade bed), which would make you feel great. What’s more, your bed-making activities also indicate a lot about your personality.
For example, people who wake up early mostly make their bed, while people who don’t make their bed are mostly night owls.
#Other Factors To Consider
Apart from organising your bedroom, to help enhance your bedroom environment, invest in a good quality mattress and pillow. With the various type of mattresses available, making the right choice can be difficult.
But, if you are looking for a non-toxic and chemical-free option, then opt for a natural latex mattress and GOLS- certified pillows for adults..
As a luxury mattress brand in India, we aim at providing organic mattresses that will help you sleep better and are good for the environment.
Organic mattresses provide optimal comfort and are free from all harmful chemicals. They are durable and last for the longest time. Plus, they offer excellent body support, maintain temperature neutrality, and are naturally resistant to mould, dust mites, bacteria and mildew.